17 Aug 2015 |
The Ancient Art of Cupping Therapy.... Needless Acupuncture
As with Acupuncture, Cupping Therapy has been practiced for thousands of years by many peoples of the world.
Cupping therapy uses Acupuncture points and the Meridian lines of the body, to place glass cups instead of needles. Most people report feeling relaxed and calm following Cupping therapy. It is safe and an effective treatment for many aliments from releasing lung congestion to relieving upper and lower back pain, neck pain and leg pain; as well as headaches or migraines. Blood, body fluids and Qi (vital energy/power) all travel the same roads in our body so it is important that all the roads are clear so the body can send all the chemicals and nutrients to the necessary places. The main component of Cupping Therapy is to promote blood circulation so that the roads can be free of congestion.
It is mostly done on the back but is not limited to as it will depend on the health issue. In Chinese Medicine Theory, all the organs systems are represented on either side of the spine so we can stimulate the organ systems by using the cups instead of needles. As well, the back hold so much tension from our everyday lives that it is easy to get stuck and congested causing pain and discomfort that can spread up to the neck and head or down into the legs.
Benefits of Cupping Therapy
- Enhances function of the lymphatic system, which acts as the body's garbage collection service.
- Detoxifies the muscles by promoting blood flow into the muscle fibers to relieve pain.
- Improves blood and synovial fluid flow in the joints to relieve stiffness.
- Strengthens the Respiratory system.
- Relaxes the body and the mind so the sympathetic nervous system can rest and repair.
I am classically trained in the Art of Traditional Cupping as well as Acupuncture, but if you are unsure of needles, why not give Cupping Therapy a try.